Helene Frances Thomason and odell johnson here are a few more recommendations.
An excellent dressing choice that is waterproof and hypoallergenic is 3M™ Tegaderm™ Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing. It comes in a variety of sizes and can be used a primary or secondary dressing.
To give a specific dressing recommendation beyond this dressing choice we would need to know the size of the wound and if there is any depth, the wound may first need to be filled with foam or calcium alginate and then covered with the Tegaderm.
· A unique, absorbent dressing that offers a clear view of the wound
· Ideal for low to moderate-draining wounds
· Easy to apply – See-through design takes the guesswork out of placing the dressing on the wound
· Patented clear, acrylic middle layer polymer pad handles low-to-moderate exudating wounds through diffusion
· Stays intact -dressing does not break down in the wound
· Protects the wound - the transparent dressing provides a barrier to external contaminants, body fluids, bacteria and viruses
Here are more waterproof tape options:
If you have any more questions please call our 800-238-8964 hotline or email email@example.com
Cheers ! -- Betty Mills